I will give more info and recipes this week:
Butternut squash casserole, hamburger patties, and broccoli
Vegetable Medley and bacon
Cauliflower, cube steak, rice, and gravy
Spaghetti…squash, nomato sauce, ground beef
Lettuce burgers with bacon
Spaghetti and meatballs
Snacks and lunch:
Cabbage and sausage, turkey lunch meat, sausage, broccoli soup, carrot cake, and banana cream pie
- 1 tsp salt..or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cilantro (dried)
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- diced green onions optional
- olives optional
- 1 onion
- 1 bok choy
- 1 cabbage
- carrots…as many as you like
- spaghetti squash (baked and scooped)
1. Bake spaghetti squash: cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down in a pan filled with a couple of cups of water or just spray pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from oven. Allow to cool enough to touch and then scoop out stringy meat. Place in a bowl and salt it.
2. While spaghetti squash is baking…chop the white stems of the bok choy…about 1/2 inch pieces. Chop cabbage in thin strips. Slice 1 onion into strips. Peel and chop 4 plus carrots. Place a couple of tablespoons of grapeseed oil in the bottom of a pan. Heat. Add your chopped veggies and drizzle with more grapeseed oil. Cook over medium heat until it’s all tender. Stir if you do not want your onions caramelize. Chop the leafy part of bok choy and add with all seasonings along with olives and green onions. Stir together and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add spaghetti squash and mix. Simmer until most of the water has cooked out.
This was created and named by daughter. Visit her blog at http://www.officialkaileymarie.wordpress.com
Cook broccoli with onions…to taste.
While broccoli is cooking:
Add 1 cup of almond milk and 1 cup of water or broth to vitamix blender. (Sometimes I use 2 cups of almond milk…no water) Blend for 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 tsp thyme (optional)
3/4 tsp -1 tsp salt…to taste Blend for 6 minutes
Add 1/8 cup of arrowroot powder Blend for 2 minutes
Add cooked broccoli (drained) and pulse on #3 as much as you like.
optional: I’ve added a little nutritional yeast to give it a different flavor.
I think this is easy…at least it is in my vitamix blender.
This is AIP friendly (autoimmune protocol). Here’s what you need:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2 large green plantains ( around 2 cups pureed….no need to be exact)
1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil, melted or palm shortening
1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste)
extra: garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning (make sure your seasoning doesn’t have any seed spices in it)
Okay, this came from the paleomom website. I’ll put a link at the bottom, but I sort of modified it. Here’s what I do:
Peel one plantain and cut into pieces. The best way to peel is to cut the end and bottom off. Cut a slit the entire length of the plantain…three times. Peel one section off at a time. Add your shortening or coconut oil. I do not melt. Add salt and then I just throw in the extra seasoning I want. I think you could about add anything. I turn on my blender and blend on high for about a minute. You will need to use the tamper to get it mixed well. Place parchment paper on a large pan…like a 12×18 pan…with parchment paper. Use a spatual to spread the mixture over the entire pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and score with a knife. Return to oven and bake 50-60 minutes or a dark brown (not burnt). They are wonderful. It’s so nice to crunch on something that feels like bread.
Here’s the paleomom post: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/09/plantain-crackers-nut-free-egg-free.html
To Buy Organic or Not
Here’s is a list of the cleanest and dirtiest foods, when it comes to pesticides.
- 1 lb. portobello mushrooms or as many as you want (prewashed and sliced)
- grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, cut in slivers
- green onions
- chicken broth
Most of this was “guesstimated” by my daughter.
First, saute onions (cut in strips) until caramelized. Remove onions and add mushrooms in more oil, until tender. Add 1 Tbsp, minced garlic. Add onions back to pot. Add green onions, to your liking (she put in about a cup). Add about 1/2 tsp of thyme and 1/4 tsp basil. Let it cook together on medium/low for a few minutes. Then add chicken broth (about 20 ounces). Let simmer and add 1 to 2 tsp. of arrowroot powder. Salt and pepper to taste.