- 3/4 cup flour (I use fresh ground soft wheat)
- 1/4 cup sugar (I use sucanat or xylitol)
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp. of cold butter (no substitutions)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and pecans. Cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Press onto the bottom of a greased springform pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly broned. Cool on a wire rack. Turn oven down to 350 degrees F. for filling to cook.
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk ( I usually take some of the cream off of the top of my raw milk, with some milk)
- 1 1/2 pkgs. (12oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs (I usually throw in the egg white, left over from the crust)
- 3/4 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup sucanat and 1/4 cup xylitol)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (I use soft wheat flour)
Place evaporated milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and flour in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 350degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Tip: I usually put a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven, after the crust has baked.